Display Advertising Effectiveness - Three Essential Links
- The Silent Click: Building Brands Online (Online Publishers Association) -- A new study commissioned by the OPA and comScore suggests that online display advertising is more effective at creating incremental lift than previously thought. According to the press release announcing the study, "For consumers exposed to brand display ad campaigns, the research found that:
- One in five conduct related searches and one in three visit the brands’ sites
- Users spent over 50% more time than the average visitor to these sites and consumed more pages
- Users spent about 10% more money online overall, and significantly more on product categories related to the advertised brands
- Higher income audiences visited the advertisers sites"
- 2009 Ad Effectiveness Survey (Forbes) -- One of the key findings of the survey is that "The success of digital marketing appears to be measured by physical action, with impact to the bottom line being far and away the most important factor in determining success."
- Whither the Click? (comScore) -- comScore uses data to make the case that online display advertising is effective. Here is a key excerpt: "The comScore norms data provide compelling empirical support for the belief that there is a quantifiable view-thru impact of online ad exposures on brand value and sales. For the studies in which both retailers’ online and offline sales were analyzed, for periods ranging from two weeks to three months after the initial exposure to an online display ad, the incremental online sales lift was 27 percent and offline sales lift was 17 percent."
« View more Blog Posts